Sunday, 28 November 2010

Anyone else who has got 'Jhingalala'd'?

I miss the good old days of a DD antenna and a booster antenna for Bangladesh TV. Or even the cable wallahs whose office you could go to. Scream and rant and get technicians if something went wrong.

I don't want a satellite dish service which teaches me supreme patience and tolerance. I don't want a satellite dish service which prepares me for the worst that life can throw at me. I don't want a satellite dish service which prepares me for failure, being ignored, being dumped. I don't want to be grounded. My TV rights taken away. I thought I'd grown beyond that.

I don't want a satellite dish service which doesn't work. Which takes my complaint. Gives me a booking number and a date three days later. Followed only by a SMS that my 'complaint is closed'. Asks me for feedback on their service, which I never experienced. Y for Yes. N for No. And if you text N then the reply is 'invalid service'.

I want my MTV.

3 comments:

Scarlett said...

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. And they do customer satisfaction studies every year! Why don't you just call their office at Bombay Dyeing Mills compound?

The knife said...

Ya, let me get their number from one of the researchers that they torment...am still without telly

Scarlett said...

That researcher would be Moonshine. In fact, she has a direct hotline to their Head of Marketing ;-)