Just picked up our voter's slips from our earlier place. So come Tuesday we will be voting again. The Government holiday on voting day won't see us just goofing off then.
I think I have a hang of who the candidates of the two larger parties here are. I have no idea what their single line promise is. Not because I am not interested. Perhaps because my demog is not important enough for them to reach out too.
Still I would like to know what their stand is on:
- why the tiny lane in front of our house had to be fixed just before the election? And why has it taken a week and still looks more like Baghdad than Bandra?
- stopping a repeat of the great floods and the terrorist attack
- public loos
- an airport befitting the commercial capital of a BRIC country
- traffic jams which get worse by the day
- the various metros...underground and above
- Shivaji's statue, riots over Mumbai vs Bombay and things which people really care
An interesting observation on marketing vehicles. I now live in a Catholic dominant building and got a flyer from the ruling party in English and Hindi. When I crossed the road to get my voter's slip from our house which is in a Muslim dominant complex, I got an Urdu flyer from the same party. And of course my Maharashtrian sounding surname gets me SMSs from the latest saviours of the Marathi Manoos.
Fantastic media planning!